Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kennesaw Mountain

I took the girls to Kennesaw Mountain yesterday- there is a hiking trail to the top of the mountain.  I thought it would be a fun day with the girls!! :) It was fun, we just had some unexpected drama!

Whoever made this back pack never tried it out with a 1 year old and she even weighs less than most 1 year olds!! My shoulder blades feel bruised today.
This was one of the few spots that was some what flat. Guess that's why we took pictures! Ha ha
Ally fell, scraped her knee and her leg - maybe halfway up- so she cried a lot till we got to the top. Kylie was sweet and gave her a piggy back ride, then when she was tired I actually held her for a little while. Yeah, with Mikayla on the back too. My legs are very sore!
Mikayla - she had the easy ride up and down. She was so sweet, she kept playing with my hair.
So happy we made it to the top!!!
Ally still crying, this kind lady gave us a band-aid- some how those help to make it seem better. 
At the top!!!!
Kennesaw Mountain is a battlefield- so there were some canons at the top that the girls thought were pretty cool.

Eating some lunch after our hike.
Yay!! Ally is smiling! 
There is the mountain....
They are such helpful and loving big sisters.
Next time we go...daddy is going with us!! Ha Ha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee this made me smile. I remember wearing that back pack and it does fit a little funny! You are so brave to hike up there. I know your girls had a great time. You;re a a great mom Sarah!

anthonyandbeth said...

love all the pictures! :) hey, i start homeschooling middle of august...any pointers you want to throw my way? :)