
Happy Birthday Ally! I am so thankful for you! You bring us such joy and laughter! I can't believe you turned three today! I hope you have a wonderful day and year. We did a "horse" theme- you absolutely love horses! In trying to decide how to decorate your cake, I was looking on line and most of the horse themed cakes are just one half of the head of a horse carved out. Well when she saw the cakes she told me "mommy those horses are dead" to her that is what it looked like, they were laying on their side, dead. So we decided to actually put horses on- did not want to have a "dead horse" as her cake!:)

We celebrated her birthday last night, which almost did not happen. I left to go pick up the pizza's last night and on the way I hear the tornado warning sirens. It was still sunny overhead at our house but as I began driving it was really dark in my rear view mirror. So I turned on the radio and sure enough our county had a tornado warning. So I called Todd to see what I should do because the direction I was headed was sunny. And the storm was not moving in that direction. Well I picked up the pizza and waited to hear back from him. He called and the tornado warning had been lifted and it was now a severe thunderstorm warning. Well- oh my that drive home was crazy. The rain and hail were insane. I was going about 15 mph, could not see anything. Well I was fairly close to our house and a tree fell on one of the electrical wires, a big blue light flashed as the transformer box blew. I started freaking out and was nervous to keep driving for fear the wire would not hold. The tree was primarily on the other side of the street, so I continued on home, I made it home safely. Thank you Lord for watching over and protecting me and for my husband kindly reminding me of the Lord's protection when I called him freaking out!
Well, our electricity was out so we began lighting candles. Some of the guests began arriving. Ally was very disappointed that the lights were not working because she wanted to show them her cake- or what she called her "birthday party"! The electricity came back on and more guests came. It turned out to be a fun night with everyone! She received so many horses, which as most of you know she already has a billion animals she sleeps with every night, well yes all those horses were in her bed last night, and Jessie from Toy Story and a bunch of animals from the Littlest Pet Shop.

I love her facial expression in this one- so cute!


Thank you all for coming out, in the midst of the storm, to celebrate her birthday!
5 comments:
How fun...Happy Birthday sweet Ally!!! I love you and miss you bunches!
Did you give her a horse? HEE HEE. Too cute. So big. I missed her bday. I lost my old calendar....and I am so behind.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Great job on the cake Sarah. I wish we could have been there. Hope your having fun on vacation. Miss you--Sara
Aw....I love the pictures, Sarah! Miss you all and I hope you are having a wonderful time in Florida! See you when you get back!
Post a Comment