Saturday, November 17, 2007

A trip to the doctor...

Ok, so I had to take the girls with me to the doctor the other morning. Wow what a funny visit this one was. Kylie remembers a lot when I was pregnant with Ally- but Emme doesn't remember anything. She was the curious one today~ First they were asking while we are all in the bathroom why I was peeing in the cup? Ok so next the blood pressure taking- Ally was a little concerned about that and why she was putting that thing on my arm, Emme then asks me what was in this little brown cabinet (a little refrigerator) you could tell she wanted so badly to open it and see, the nurse then says we keep medicine in there. Then Ally gets on the scale to weigh herself. Next we all go to the room. I get up on the table and today was not a full check up, just a quick listen to the heart beat and any questions or concerns etc. So we are waiting for the midwife to come into the room, here are some of the questions that were asked- What is that curtain for? (while opening and closing it two or three times), Why are there socks on those things (the stirrups), which then Ally begins to move them around. Emme then sees the light- "Oh cool look at that flashlight it has a arm that can move all around." Ally finds the "poison" bodily fluid trash can and opens it, please don't touch that- that is yucky I say, opens it one more time from the other side just to make sure it really is yucky!! Then the midwife comes in and she gets the "jelly" to put on my belly, and Emme says what is that she is putting on your belly. Then they were able to hear the heartbeat. Their little eyes lit up, so cute!! Then Emme tells the midwife as she is wiping the "jelly" off my belly, Oh I am glad you are wiping that stuff of her belly. Then she asks the midwife what the curtain is for and Kylie says, don't you remember we had to always stay behind it and were not allowed to peek out until the doctor was done, the midwife is laughing. Emme has no memory- she was a little younger than Ally is now. Oh it was so funny- thought I would share with you all and I am sure there are those mommies out there that have had similar experiences!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

So funny Sarah...i can picture them all right now...too cute. Love you and am praying for you!!:)

Amanda said...

Haha...now I understand why my mom refused to ever take us with her...that is hysterical.
See you girls tonight!

Bethany said...

Funny. Hey but they won't be afraid to go to the Gyno for the first time right. Hee Hee.

I was lucky this time they only came once for the ultrasound...I had a standing free babysitter for all my appointments. THANK THE LORD.

Bethany said...

Hey when do you find out what it is....I need to call you but whenever I have a moment it is super late your time....and i have to go make dinner now.

Ginger said...

ha! I go to a check up today..the kids are staying back! Good questions, girls!