Sunday, July 23, 2006

Swimming! Skydiving! Shopping!



On Tuesday we went swimming at the Rogers neighborhood pool. The girls had a great time. This is the first time they have been swimming this year - aside from the lake near our house. Kylie said on the way there, I am scared I won't remember how to swim- she did great. Then Emme didn't think should could touch and that the floaties would not hold her up- and once she realized after an hour of insisting not to leave the steps I finally got her to put her feet down and she could touch and not sink with the floaties on. Silly girl! And then Ally loved to splash and of course found Hannah's flip flops and walked around with them on her hands. Cute girl!

Well we came home and later that night Emme says I scratched my back on something and it hurts. I lift up her shirt to see and sure enough there is a line on her back- she was sunburned. When I put sunscreen on her (and I lather a ton on- they are so fair) Her top was touching the bottom part of her suit. But it slowly rode up while swimming- poor Emme. So we stayed indoors they next couple of days.

Well this week Todd says "hey a bunch of people are going skydiving this weekend- I think I am going to go." I thought ok that's cool- I was flipping through tv stations the other day and that extreme video show where they like capture crazy things on video was on. Well there is this one on skydiving, of course with my husband planning on doing this the next day I was intersted to watch. It was a battle in my mind of don't watch, watch- so I watched it. This professional jumper got all tangled up in his ropes while falling in the air- and it was a tandem jump which is what Todd was going to do, it was basically strangling him, he got out ok but of course I am a nervous wreck for him. He was so excited and not nervous at all. So he goes the next morning to meet up with the others and I couldnt stay home so I went back to Old Navy (I had been there the night before they were having huge sales!! Some clothes were like 75% off )anyways- shopping with three kids keeps my mind from worrying about Todd or anything. Then he calls and says I am alive- did the jump it was awesome. Ah sigh of relief. There is no way I could do that- Para-sailing is as close as I will get- that was one of the best things I have done- it was so much fun, but I was nervous!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

cutie swimming pics.

Glad Todd is okay. Did you see in the news the lady that died tandem jumping too. Yikes

Anonymous said...

Hope Todd has good life insurance!

Unknown said...

Not sure I could jump out of a plane ... yikes!! But good for him to have a great adventure!!